* A good, fair and comprehensive look at the man who is trying to lead the Nets to Brooklyn, from Dave D'Alessandro of the Newark Star-Ledger. (Full disclosure: Like me, Brett Yormark attended Indiana University.)
* LeBron James, Chris Bosh, and Dwyane Wade get all the headlines, but Amare Stoudemire also is on the list of star players who can decline player options or terminate their contracts to become free agents in 2010. For now, Stoudemire says he wants to stay in Phoenix. He'll be eligible for a contract extension this summer.
* The Raptors reportedly are interested in journeyman Joe Smith as a possible solution to their lack of rebounding and shot-blocking. Denver, Miami, and Orlando also reportedly are interested. Something has to give in Oklahoma City. If, as expected, the Nets decline to match the Thunder's offer sheet for Nenad Krstic Monday, the roster will be overloaded with big men. Chris Wilcox expects somebody to be dealt.
* We've told you about this already, but here's another take on how flat attendance and suffering revenue could actually lower the NBA salary cap next season. Just another reason why the big names will be opting out of their contracts like patrons running out of a building on fire in the next two years -- to get their money before the double-whammy of a lower cap and more owner-friendly CBA hits them in 2011. In the end, the stars will get theirs. The real impact will be felt by the so-called "middle class" of the league -- those who are below the top tier of players.
* Even though the Cavs keep winning, Brian Windhorst sees some alarming trends.
* Shawn Marion in Miami is "the most awkward fit," according to Hardwood Paroxysm. "It's like a polar bear in a tu-tu plopped into the middle of the Mighty Mighty Bosstones. You may still get 'The Impression That I Get' but you still don't know what the hell it's doing there."
* A look ahead to the 2009 free agent class.
* Channing Frye is in love with Portland. "This is where I want to spend the rest of my life," he said. Only one problem: Frye is out of the rotation and might get traded. (Thanks for the link, TrueHoop.)